Monday 3 August 2009

Shawl and socks.

Behold the shawl



When stuck, shortly after becoming unstuck. Paddling in the frog pond then after an entire weekend eating cereal and toast so I'd have more time to knit. Shawl, I was thy slave.
The socks are now at the heel flap stage (Wwoohoooo). Dark red wool for that :).
I realised that on the bus to work this morning. I also realised if I had another pair of DPNs that size I could have gone on. But no. I was on a high, wow, this is the length I have been looking ahem knitting for. No red, I'll start the other and bring it up to this stage and make a start on it now. Looking, looking, can't find anything, getting the hopes up, NNNOOOOOoooooo too short noooooo. There. Is. Nothing. Else. Here. (mini relitively unimportant) DISASTER. Bugger.

We made Lemon and lime marmalade.
Is this the most bitter marmalade in the world? No this is only a tribute.
There will be no limes in the future no matter how much I love the smell of them. :(
You could feel the marmalade moving across your tongue and triggering the sweet then Oh dear Lord that is SOUR bit. Yea we'll be cooking with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment